Thursday, March 1, 2012

Raw: Day 9


Day 9

Breakfast:
Almond Milk with Apple Cinnamon Granola

This was also a nice change of pace from the smoothie for breakfast.




Mid-morning snack:

Blueberry Banana Kale Smoothie with Orange

This was great! I prefer adding spinach over kale because I can taste the kale more, but it is super healthy. It blended up looking pretty blue, but it was a little brown, which again caused my students to ask a lot of questions about what in the world I was drinking. One said, if that were in a refrigerator unlabelled, would you drink it or think it's fertilizer?




Lunch:
Leftover Thick and Creamy Avocado Soup and I thought something else, but now I can't remember

Snack:
Apple

Dinner:

Thai Coleslaw. I needed to use my cabbage and it was super good the first go around. I halved the recipe, but forgot to half the ginger, so it has quite the kick!

Lettuce Wraps with Cilantro, Carrot, Red Pepper, and Walnuts drizzled with a Tahini Lemon Sauce. Yum! I had some difficulty rolling the wraps because my lettuce leaves are smaller. Very good and simple. I'll make them again.


Dessert:

Walnut Cacao Drop Cookies

3/4 c. Walnuts
1/4 c. Cacao Powder
1 c. Raisins
A few tablespoons of water as needed to blend

Throw it all in a blender (I'm sure a food processor would work much better) and blend away!

No comments:

Post a Comment