Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Raw: Day 8

Day 8

It's Wednesday again; I made it through an entire week! I didn't even cheat, unless you count a few glasses of red wine and trace amounts of Braggs Amino Acid.

Breakfast:
I tried something other than a smoothie today. Steel Oats with almonds, agave, and fresh strawberries. I forgot to drain the almonds, which soaked over night, so it was very liquidy to begin with. After I drained that off, it was great! It tasted like cold, chewy oatmeal.

Lunch:
Leftovers. I have so much fresh produce on its way out. I need to use it quickly and hopefully it will be super tasty. I had one leftover Jicama Empanada, Cabbage Apple Walnut Salad, and Chocolate Pudding.


Snack:
Strawberry, Banana, Orange Smoothie with Spinach and Ginger

Super good! Unfortunately, I had to drink this way too quickly after school and before coaching soccer, which I believe is now attributing to a lot of bloating. :( Next time I will savor this.






Dinner:
Pear Fennel Soup
Looks like Applesauce, tastes like Pearsauce!

Although not what I expected, this was a winner. I don't personally cook with fennel so I had forgotten its taste, which is fairly tasteless, at least in combination with the other ingredients in this soup. 2 pears, 1 fennel bulb, 1 TBS lemon juice, 1 tsp minced ginger, 1 clove garlic. Paprika sprinkled on top. The recipe also suggested optional cubed zucchini as garnish. I'm glad I didn't go through the trouble of cutting one up for this. I liked it as is.

Dessert:
Homemade Key Lime LaraBar

No comments:

Post a Comment