Sunday, February 26, 2012

Raw: Day 5

Day 5

Breakfast:

Berry Banana Smoothie with fresh strawberries, a banana, and frozen blueberries blended with one cup of ice. The recipe said to add one cup of water, but I added a splash of almond milk instead.






Lunch:

Red and Green Cabbage tossed with apple cider vinegar, sea salt, and pepper topped with a sliced Braeburn apple and walnuts. This was average. Next time I'll leave out the salt. Too salty again.







Dinner:

Jicama Empanadas! AWESOME. Cilantro and lime, how could I not love these? My cheese slicer is busted and I don't have a mandoline, so I just used a knife. I'll get a new cheese slicer before I make this again so I can get thinner, more even slices. The recipe said to fold the slide in half to make the empanada, but I cut the slices in half to make a sandwich.

The jicama slices are coated with an olive oil, lime juice, and cumin dressing.


Filling for the empanadas:

Walnuts, Pumpkin Seeds, Cinnamon, Cumin, Garlic, Onion, Jalapeno Pepper, and Cilantro








Dessert Streak:

Chocolate Pudding

2 bananas, 1 avocado, 2 1/2 TBS cacao powder, 2 tsp Maca Powder

No comments:

Post a Comment