Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Raw: Day 15

Breakfast:

Peach Strawberry Green Smoothie

2 peaches, about 6 strawberries, and a handful of spinach. This blended up to be an icky brown color. I wasn't too fond of the texture and it didn't have as much flavor as I had hoped. If I had fresh fruit in season, I'm sure this would be much better




Snack/Second Breakfast/Breakfast Dessert:

Chia Strawberry Chocolate Pudding

YUM! I love how the Chia seeds are like tapioca. This was much better than the orange chia I made last week.

1 1/2 c Almond Milk
1/4 cup chia seeds
3 TBS agave nectar
1 TBS raw cacao powder (can leave out for strawberry pudding)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 c strawberries, sliced

1. Soak the almond milk and chia seeds at room temperature for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
2. Cover the bowl and place in fridge for 4-8 hours.
3. Remove and stir in agave, cacao, and vanilla. Top with strawberries.


Lunch:
Veggie Burger. Love those!

Dinner:
Spinach Pie and carrots with tahini

Dessert:
Chocolate Walnut Cookie

Snack: Apple Flax Bread (I found 2 small pieces of the wooden spoon!) and a handful of "Raw Energy" (trail mix with nuts and dates)

I ate a lot today! Good thing I worked out with the soccer girls at practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment