Monday, March 5, 2012

Raw: Day 13

Breakfast:
Leftover Orange Chia Seed Pudding. This was still orange zesty! Thankfully it didn't get stronger over the weekend in the fridge.

Lunch:
Leftover Pear Fennel Soup and lots of walnuts

Snack:
Apple

Dinner: VEGGIE BURGER with "French Fries!"

This is by far the most intense entree I have met thus far and it was SO worth it. (And 4 times more worth it for leftovers.)

Everything is raw! The fries are sliced jicama with fresh ketchup.

This is great comfort meal on the raw diet. I feel full without the gross "I ate way too much" belly.




The blended mixture.

Recipe:
1/2 c. flaxseed, ground
2 cups soaked pecans (or sunflower seed, walnuts or hazel nuts)
2 TBS lemon juice
1/4 water as needed (I needed about 1 c)
1 c. diced carrot
1 c. diced onion
4 TBS basil, minced
2 TBS dill, minced (I used 1/2 tsp dried)
1 TBS jalapeno pepper, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1 clove garlic, minced

First, combine the flaxeed, nuts and lemon juice in a food processor (blender) to make a creamy peanut butter consistency. Then combine the rest of the ingredients.

Place on dehydrator trays and dry for 8-12 hours at 115 degrees.
















I used the cabbage as a bun. My pieces were really curved, which made them like little shells to contain all the goodies!










Apple Flax Bread

I have no idea what the consistency is supposed to be like for dehydrated bread. I think it's okay, but obviously it's not bread! I had 2 squares of this today and although it's good, I don't think it was worth the work. Disaster struck on this recipe.

My blender ate my wooden spoon! I couldn't find the pieces so I sorted through all the dough by hand and found what I thought was a piece of wood. Turns out, it was a piece of date! I did find one of the two pieces. Either I'll find the other piece when I eat the bread or it got blended up!

After I had the bread spread out on the parchment paper, I discovered I forgot the sunflower seeds. I wasn't sure if that would significantly alter the recipe, so I scraped off the dough, added the seeds, and then got everything ready to go again.

Next time, I will make Flax Crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment