Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Raw: Day 22

Breakfast:

Green Cinnamon Banana Smoothie
I used 2 cups water, 2 bananas, 2 cups spinach, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp raw honey. You can't even taste the spinach!

Lunch:

More "Taco" Salad Mexican Pate with Mole Sauce. Still good

Dinner:

Raw Lasagna with Tomato Marinara Sauce and Almond Cheese BIG YUM!

Left: Tomato Marinara Sauce

This has great flavor. I'm sure using tomatoes in season would make it even better.

Right: Almond Cheese

The miso and turmeric add a distinct taste. Again, using a food processor would make it creamier and less chunky than my blender.


Left: Zucchini "noodles" (The recipe calls for two zucchini. I just used one. I sliced my noodles very thinly with a vegetable peeler.)

Right: Layering the sauce, cheese, noodles, spinach, and tomatoes


Taa daa!

This is a hit. The flavors of the sauce and the cheese are great together. The lasagna filled me up and is very nutrient dense, as evidenced by this dish being super heavy! The only bummer is after I sliced a piece, a lot of water settled at the bottom. I'm not sure if that was the zucchini or if I added a bit too much water (only 1/2 or less additional) to the cheese to get it to blend better.

No comments:

Post a Comment