Friday, March 9, 2012

Raw: Day 17

Breakfast:

Banana

Peach Strawberry Smoothie with orange juice, lime juice, and ginger. Repeat of the "Nectarine Strawberry Smoothie." Oh so very good. I think I would have liked the texture more if the strawberries were frozen.

Lunch:

Leftover Raw Pasta with Creamy Sauce
My art co-workers were much more interested in the kelp noodles than my basketball co-workers and students who said they were gross without even looking at them, perhaps proving the stereotype correct that art friends are more open minded than non-art friends. :) They even tried a noodle!

Dinner:

Nori Protein Roll with Parsnip Rice

I'm a big fan of this one. I will for sure make it again. I need to invest in some Nama Shoyu. I make a sauce with a little Braggs and lemon juice and red pepper flakes. The recipe suggested pure nama shoyu or a Carrot Ginger Sauce, which I was unable to make because I don't have carrot juice, but it sound delicious!



1 parsnip, peeled and chopped (*Can sub cauliflower, turnip or butternut squash)
1 TBS lemon juice
2 TBS scallions, minced
2 tsp minced ginger
1/4 tsp salt
2 sheets nori
1/4 c cucumbers in matchstick slices
1/4 c avocado in matchstick slices
1/4 c carrots in matchstick slices (my addition)

1. Place parsnip into food processor (I used a blender) and process until it becomes the consistency of rice.
2. Add the lemon juice, scallions, ginger, and salt to processor.
3. Lay nori sheets flat on a bamboo sushi mat or cutting board. Spread 1/4 c parsnip rice along one edge. Place matchsticked vegetables on top of parsnips. *I found using only 1/4 c parsnip made a baby sushi roll! I recommend using more for a standard size roll.
4. Tightly roll up the nori roll using your fingers or the sushi mat. Use a little water to wet one edge of the nori to help create a seal. Let sit for 5 minutes and slice into 6 equal parts.

Currently in the dehydrator:

Almond-Cranberry Thumbprint Cookies

They taste good so far, but I'm not sure about the texture. I had to add quite a bit of water to blend. Maybe I should have just mixed by hand. We'll see how they turn out in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment