Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Raw: Day 28

Another big day in my Raw Food Kitchen! Spring break has allowed me to dehydrate a lot of things.

Here's what I worked on today:
Raw Trail Mix

Raw Corn Chips (Mine don't look anything like the amazing picture on this website! Maybe I made them too thin.) They're still pretty tasty. The onion makes them pretty zesty. Can't wait to make salsa to dip these into.

Banana Leathers
I'm so excited to use them as crepes!

Strawberry Pear Roll Ups






Curried Kale Chips


French Kale Chips


Yum! These are both really zesty! I do like the ones I bought better so next time I'll try to copy them.




Homemade Larabars! LOVE LOVE LOVE these.

Cherry Pie
(I doubled the recipe. Next time I'll triple it.)







Ginger Snap

3/4-1 c dates - Chop then process in food processor
1 c almonds - Separately process in food processor
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 TBSP minced ginger

I added 2 TBSP water and mixed everything together in the food processor

Form on waxed paper and refrigerate for an hour. Then cut and store in plastic wrap or baggies.

Wheatberry Sprouts

First time sprouting! I also sprouted oat grouts for the Trail Mix.

It's amazing how two cups of wheatberries grew into over 5 cups! Even between day 1 and two, they grew quite a bit.




Sprouted Essene Bread

This started out a little disastrous. The recipe said the wheatberries and water should make dough, but it was like very watery soup! I added all the wheatberries and a cup of almond flour. I have no idea what the texture is supposed to be like. It's still dehydrating, but I think it's going to be kind of like pita. I found lots of other recipes online, so I'll try another one next time.




And today's menu...

Breakfast:
Sweet Almond Oat Cereal

Lunch:
Leftover Lasagna (I still have more! The serving size on the recipe is 4, but those are very large slices.)

Snack:
Chocolate Banana Shake. I love this as a sweet and quick treat.
I also snacked on a lot of the goodies I made today.

Dinner:
I haven't eaten yet! I should finished off the lasagna, but I can only eat so much of it for so many days!

No comments:

Post a Comment