Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Raw: Day 47 - EASTER

I made it! I am so surprised with how disciplined I was! I only had a few cooked food items, and I felt like they didn't taste as good as my raw food.

My first non-raw item was actually stale Cheez-Its after I got home late from Middle of the Map. They didn't taste good; I just ate them because I could. :)

Sunday morning coffee! The biggest surprise to myself about the raw food diet was I actually didn't crave coffee. The only day I really wanted it was Good Friday, but I knew I could make it two more days.

I had a bag of Peet's coffee in a box on top of my refridgerator all through Lent. My brother gave me a 3-month coffee tour for Easter and the final bag arrived just before Lent started. I was thrilled to have my favorite coffee to break my raw food and coffee fast. Thanks bro and sis-in-law!







7 am Easter service at Jacob's Well.

I wish I could have captured the beautiful light shining through the stained glass windows. It was glorious.
Easter brunch at Beer Kitchen with Kerry, Nathan, and Katie (complete with Top 40 hits)

Coffee by The Roasterie.
Grand Mimosa with Grand Marnier.
Drunken Doughnut with Grand Marnier Chocolate Sauce.
 I saw a picture of a Belgian Waffle a couple of weeks ago. Since then, it's really been the only food I thought I would like to have on Easter. I didn't know Beer Kitchen had them, so I was thrilled when I saw it on the menu!














And here it is!





Easter dinner with the family.

I made Thai coleslaw as my contribution. Everyone thought it was great and my 92-year-old grandmother asked for seconds and leftovers to take home.

Asparagus, deviled eggs, pasta salad, fruit, and bread.

Note the bunny-ears napkin fold. :)






Stay tuned for my top quick and easy recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment