Sunday, April 15, 2012

Banana Crepes


First attempt at cracking a Thai young coconut. The directions on the label sure did not work! They said to chop off the top and insert a straw to drink the water. That wouldn't have done the trick for me anyways since I needed the meat. I hope people just don't drink the water and waste the meat. That's the best part! Thankfully I came across this awesome YouTube video from Chef Steffy Sue.

Three knives and a spatula later, I successfully opened the coconut.

Blending the Coconut Cream

  • 1 cup young coconut meat
  • 2 cups cashews
  • ½ cup young coconut water
  • 4 tablespoons agave nectar
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • Pulp from 1 vanilla bean
  • 1 cup water (optional)
Wow! I can't believe the taste of this non-dairy cream! It's just like homemade whipped cream.



 I have extra so there may be an apple pie in my future. :)















 Banana Crepe
Layered with Coconut Cream and Strawberry Date Sauce

This is one of my all time favorite recipes - cooked or raw. I can't wait to have it again and I want everyone to try it!


No comments:

Post a Comment