Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Raw: Day 42

 Jamaican Jerk Wrap

This was super quick and easy to make. The texture was a little dry. I added more olive oil and a bit of lemon juice. I could have added too much flax seed. I could have gone for more intense flavor, so next time I'll add more Jamaican Jerk seasoning and maybe more jalapeno.

Spread on collard green leaves, with stems removed.









Add some red pepper or other herbs and veggies...
 ...and roll up!
Banana Soft Serve

I found a recipe for banana soft serve that claims it will change my life. I was amazed at how frozen bananas can turn creamy and literally look just like soft serve!

At first, my food processor was not a happy camper and almost jumped off the counter! The bananas were very very frozen so I let them rest at room temperature for just a bit then tried again.

After a couple minutes, the mixtures gets a little chunky. I added a bit of almond milk and a bit of water. Then, the magic happened! Check out the link above for more photos.

I added chocolate syrup, made from 1 T of agave and 1 T of cacao powder and topped with strawberries. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment