Here's another great one! Very quick and tasty and I already had all the ingredients on hand.
I loved the flavor of this one. The cumin with the sun-dried tomatoes and lemon juice...mmm...good.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup almonds
- ¼ cup celery
- 2 tablespoons lemon
- 4 tablespoons Tahini (I used a jar of Krinos)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 4 cabbage leaves
- 1 cup Zucchini Hummus (I made this just before the falafel and it was very easy to make.)
- Soak the sun-dried tomatoes for 2 hours. Chop them into small pieces.
- Prepare the falafel balls by processing all ingredients, except for the cabbage leaves and hummus, in a food processor until well mixed and slightly chunky. Pat them into little balls. They are ready to serve immediately.
- Lay the cabbage leaves on a plate. Spread the hummus onto each leaf and place falafel patties on top. Roll up into a sandwich wrap.
Calories: 784 | Fat: 77 g | Protein: 13 g | Sodium: 101 mg | Fiber: 8 g
This recipe is higher in calories and fat. No wonder I'm so full!
I also finally found Young Coconuts! I'm excited to try some more desserts with this guy. :)