Monday, April 2, 2012

Raw: Day 41

Falafel

Here's another great one! Very quick and tasty and I already had all the ingredients on hand.

I loved the flavor of this one. The cumin with the sun-dried tomatoes and lemon juice...mmm...good.

INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
  • ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
  • 1 cup almonds
  • ¼ cup celery
  • 2 tablespoons lemon
  • 4 tablespoons Tahini (I used a jar of Krinos)
  • ¼ cup olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1 tablespoon minced parsley
  • 1 tablespoon cumin
  • 1 teaspoon coriander
  • 4 cabbage leaves
  • 1 cup Zucchini Hummus (I made this just before the falafel and it was very easy to make.)
  1. Soak the sun-dried tomatoes for 2 hours. Chop them into small pieces.
  2. Prepare the falafel balls by processing all ingredients, except for the cabbage leaves and hummus, in a food processor until well mixed and slightly chunky. Pat them into little balls. They are ready to serve immediately.
  3. Lay the cabbage leaves on a plate. Spread the hummus onto each leaf and place falafel patties on top. Roll up into a sandwich wrap.
PER SERVING:
Calories: 784 | Fat: 77 g | Protein: 13 g | Sodium: 101 mg | Fiber: 8 g

This recipe is higher in calories and fat. No wonder I'm so full!  


I also finally found Young Coconuts! I'm excited to try some more desserts with this guy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment